Monday, January 16, 2012

Stupid forever?

Sans-furniture is actually kind of foolish. Also, click on the image.

Does youthful stupidity and aggression and non-conformity have any value? Do we all have to stop being foolish eventually and accept that the old ways of doing things are the ways we've always done them for a very good reason? Does what happened before even have any bearing on the value of your stupid idea?

Probably, actually. Values are relative, after all.

Overrating Steve Jobs' impact on society is one of my favorite hobbies, and I'm totally glad we're calling him the Edison of our time. Woz did all the hard work and Bill did all the useful application, so it's bizarre that Jobs wins our historical perspective just because he died first.

I think I will gain the ability to be foolish the older I get. The only thing that holds me back now is not wanting to be a stupid kid.

No comments: